Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Mare. the metal band. fuckin, MARE

Most bands that I would say are my favorite bands, I have some long background with... bands that were the soundtrack of my life for certain times, or bands that i grew up around... but i've only heard of MARE for less than 2 years now, after they were even still together, and from a single five song disc they became favorites.

It might sound like a little bit of an exaggeration, but it seems like when i look back on it from the future, i will view my understanding of music in my life in terms of per- and post-MARE.

I found out late that they had done a reunion show in toronto this year, if i had time i would have driven across the country to see that shit! i've been emailing the frontman tyler, hounding him to keep me posted on another reunion show, and he says it's coming!
I found what is most of their set from their reunion show, and i can never watch all these clips too many times it feels like. Mare is seriously fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment