Friday, June 24, 2011

Indecision - Some of the First Hardcore I Ever Heard



I don't remember who showed me this band first, but at some point in high school in 1998 someone asked if i'd heard Indecision, and i acquired a burned cd, as was becoming a brand new thing to do in the days of nascent 56k and napster technologies. As a pissed off skate rat teenager, i liked it from the first scream. it was so much more radical and truly pissed off than any watered down punk that was more well-known. It needed no explanation, I immediately "got it" and rocked bands like this, refused, sick of it all, vision of disorder, and some older earth crisis. I loved the antireligious overtones as well.

in their song "dead", 2:00 minutes into the above video, that was the first proper pit call to mosh part I ever heard anywhere.

I was a little kid so I can't give you too much history or follow up about this band, but the music is memorable to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment