Friday, June 24, 2011

Uh oh, am i really going to share something about meshuggah?



I seem to be a minority in the metal world for not really liking Meshuggah. They cross in and out of my line of tolerability. With their horrible band name, douchy "tapout timmy" appearance, and clueless album art, I sometimes want to downgrade them to the ranks of unspeakable acts like disturbed or slipknot. But every so often one of their polyrhythmic grooves grabs hold of me and i can't not headbang, so they just barely hold onto their tolerability for me.

Its also apparent that they influence many contemporaries, whom i feel improve upon their djent polyrhythm ideas and add something meshuggah usually lacks, taste. I'll just throw out say, a life once lost and beneath the massacre to cite examples id rather listen to that might have drawn on some meshuggah.

but anyways, the grooves in this video are fun, and i think this is a perfect example of how to make a heavy metal video. just try to look past what a douche the singer looks like and just headbang.

No comments:

Post a Comment